Effective Date: 15th January 2017
Collection and Use of Personal Information (PI)
Our primary goals in collecting PI are to provide and improve the services provided through our website, to administer your use of the said services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our services so as to enhance your user experience to its fullest potential.
“Personal information” (PI) is defined to include information that whether on its own or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify or contact you such as: name, address, email address, phone number etc. We collect PI from Professionals offering their services/ seeking services. Collected PI is accessible (partially or completely) to all visitors using our website, either directly or by submitting a request for a service. Our website can be fully accessed and used only by professionals who have created an account on our website and by payment of the required fee.
How we collect and use information
- When you create an account, we may collect a variety of PI, including your name, age, gender, address, phone number, email address, contact information, education, and professional experience, description of your professional services, other interests’, location and credit/debit card information. You may also add any other content or information, including videos, photographs etc relating to your services.
- We may also collect information that you post in your Offer, Profile, Requirements, Wants, or Feedback, and any comments or discussions you post in any blog, chat room, or other correspondence site on our website or mobile application, or any comments you provide at any time on our website.
- You may log into our Website through your Facebook and Google account. If you do so, you must enter the email address and password that you use for your Facebook or Google account. We will request you grant us permission to access and collect your Facebook or Google basic information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account). If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public. We store the information that we thus receive with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. This will be independent of any information and PI collected and used by Facebook or any third party.
- We have no control over how any third party site uses or discloses the PI it collects about you.
- We can decide that the content and information that you submit or post is in some way inappropriate and terminate the users’ account. We may, but are not obligated to monitor or review any content you post as a part of the service provided by us.
How we use your PI
- We also use PI to help us develop, deliver, and improve our services.
- From time to time, we may use your PI to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- We may also use PI for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our services and customer communications.
- We may use PI to develop, display, and track content and advertising specific to your interests expressed using the services and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites.
- We may use PI to verify your eligibility and promotions as applicable.
- We may use PI to enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions and perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- By using our website, you can choose to electronically send/ forward a link, page, or document to someone else. In order to exercise this option you have to provide yours and the recipient’s email address. The information is not used for any other purpose but the aforesaid.
Collection and Use of Non-PI
We also collect non-PI − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-PI for any purpose. We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, IP address location, and the time zone where the our website is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our services.
If we do combine non-PI with PI the combined information will be treated as PI for as long as it remains combined.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times we may make certain PI available to strategic partners that work with us to provide services, or that help us market to customers. For example, when you make a payment for opening your account with us, you authorize us and our third party payment processor to exchange the payment information you provide to carry out the process for opening your account on our website. PI will only be shared by us to provide or improve our services; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Disclosure to Other users
If you are an account holder/ user, the information that you post (other than your payment information) is available to other account holder/ users of our website and our services. Information (including PI) and content that other users/ account holders post to our Website also will be available to other visitors to our Website.
Disclosure to Service Providers
We share PI with companies who provide services such as hosting information, information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer requests, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
Disclosure to Others
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public, governmental or competent authorities within or outside your country of residence − for us to disclose your PI. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, amalgamation or sale or otherwise we may transfer any and all PI we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of PI
We take precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your PI against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When you use our website or post/ upload any information the PI you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are solely responsible for the PI you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name, email address or any other information on a known platform from where is can be accessed by other users, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of PI
Access to PI
For other PI, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to such PI so you can request that we correct or delete the PI we have about you. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting us at [email protected].
We do not knowingly collect PI from persons under 18. If we learn that we have collected the PI of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete such information.
In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation. We may use location information to improve and personalize our services for you.
Commitment to Your Privacy
We will endeavour to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PI) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we do not guarantee the absolute security of any information.